Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The word is out.

Well, the word is out to most of our family and friends now. I'm glad. I like to share news. I'm not good at holding things in.

I made several phone calls to spread the news and now I'm emailing others because there just aren't enough hours in the day to call everyone personally.

Our news of moving has been met with some shocked silence and sadness but overall everyone has been very supportive, for which we're thankful.

G flies to FL on Saturday to start his new job on Monday. He'll be on the lookout for a house for us to rent once we know when C's finalization court date is set.

We've prepped the kids the best we can, explaining that we're moving to FL, that Daddy has to go first to start his job and find us a house. So far they seem to be taking it in stride. We'll see how things go after G is gone.

J asked where FL is, so I printed him a map of the U.S. and colored in where we live now and where we're moving to. He asked me to color in the beach and the water in the part of FL that we'll be living in (apparently the beach and water are what matter to him most). He also asked where he'd be going to school and I showed him a picture of an elementary school that G took while he was there interviewing. I told J that he "might" be going there, depending on where Daddy finds a house for us.

Hard to believe that in 3 days, G will be gone and I'll be a single mom for a few weeks, trying to juggle taking care of the kids, working full time, and packing a 4 BR, 2 BA house! Thankfully I've already had family and friends offering to help in any way that that can. That makes it all more bearable.

G got the first batch of moving boxes today, so he could get his office packed up before he leaves.

It's becoming a more of a reality as each day passes. I'm terrified and excited all at once! This certainly isn't the first time I've moved across the country, but it's the first time I've moved with 2 small children in tow.

1 comment:

  1. i have all the faith in the world that you will be great at juggling it all!

    ReplyDelete