Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The rain Gods have finally answered!

Image from http://www.tucsonazrealestateblog.com/.

The monsoon rains have FINALLY arrived at my doorstep, after teasing and tempting me for many days. I have a hazy recollection of being awoken earlier this morning by the sound of heavy rains. As I drifted back into slumber listening to the downpour, I felt happy and content.

Once I got out of bed for the day, I rushed outside to see if the rain was a reality or a dream. I stood barefoot in my nightgown and surveyed the dark patches of rain soaked concrete and dirt in the back yard. I filled my lungs full of the rain scented air that was light and cool around me.

Ah, there's nothing more Heavenly than monsoon season. I've been waiting impatiently for this!

I think the kids and I will have breakfast outside on the back patio and continue to enjoy this cool air while we can.

What a refreshing break from the oppressive summer heat!

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't it fabulous? Looking outside I think we might be in for a little more today.

    ReplyDelete